- Our proposal to CIDA was submitted May 2001. That August, CIDA approved a Contribution Agreement* to Batavia Greenhouse Builders Ltd. of Aldergrove, British Columbia, Canada. Our design for a greenhouse, which manufactures its own fresh water for vegetable crop irrigation, was the basis for a comprehensive viability study which included eight deliverables (reports) to CIDA. The reports addressed
- technical feasibility
- financial and commercial viability
- analysis of the regulatory framework
- environmental impact (pre-drilling assessment)
- environmental impact (for entire proposed operation)
- training plan
- gender issues and social integration and ultimately, a
- joint venture agreement for operating a commercial greenhouse.
The proposed site of the 3,500 square metre greenhouse is known as Crisson Plantation. The project remains at the stage of having completed successfully the Viability Study. Interest is sought from organizations interested in proceeding with construction of the first WaterProducer-Greenhouse™ in Grand Turk or on similar tropical small islands. Please contact us here.
* Contribution Agreement E4936-K060831
You are welcome to download a free copy of the Executive Summary for the WaterProducer-Greenhouse™ Project!